League of Legends arrives on consoles with Wild Rift
The developers explain, about the new title:"We had to rebuild the game from scratch (yes... (completely). We've updated models, animations, game systems, and more, while still staying true to the basics of League of Legends gameplay that you all know you already know. We didn't just want to make a "copy" of LoL that was completely identical to the PC version, but rather make sure Wild Rift looked specially designed for new platforms and take advantage of this opportunity to make a whole series improvements to the game."
And these are the official characteristics:
- THE LOL OF ALWAYS - Experience the thrill of LoL's competitive and strategic 5v5 gameplay, built specifically for mobile devices and consoles. Choose your champion, enter battle in the Moor and destroy the enemy nexus in 15-20 minute matches.
- A NEW LANDA - Explore Wild Rift, a brand new but very familiar 5v5 map based on Summoner's Rift and optimized for faster games. A dual-stick responsive control scheme, designed exclusively for new platforms, ensures that your kills on mobile devices are as sharp and exciting as on PCs.
- NO IMPOSTORE - Wild Rift will have a well-known group of 40 samples upon its release, others will be added later. Light up the way with Lux, spin to victory with Garen or blow it all up with Jinx.
- COMPETI AND SCALA THE CLASSIFIC - Dominate the new Land, climb the leaderboard and earn unique rewards for your wins. As with LoL for PC, Wild Rift lets you test yourself with high-level champions, ingenious strategies, and a myriad of game styles.
- METTI IN MOSCOW YOUR LOOK - Customize the look of your sample with lots of looks from different themes. Then get closer and closer to see every detail with Wild Rift's brand new 3D model viewer.
- PLAY WITHOUT PAGE - All champions can be obtained for free, you will never pay to play or for bonuses. Never.
In order to play with the new title, however, the wait is still long: Riot Games has announced that the game will first arrive in beta in 2020 on mobile platforms, and then also arrive on console slate in late 2020 if not even in 2021. Waiting to learn more meanwhile here is the announcement movie in which you can see the first drops of the gameplay and learn the characteristics of the game from the developers, with Italian subtitles. Have a good look!